Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Simulations in the Classroom

A recent Edutopia feed advocates for the use of virtual simulations in the classroom. (http://www.edutopia.org/computer-simulations-virtual-learning) I haven't personally used any virtual simulations in my classes. However, it isn't because I am opposed to them, I really just don't know where to find them. Our school has the unique privilege of having all students being issued their own laptop to use for the school year. This allows us access to a wide range of educational tools and no excuse not to try anything that may offer more in-depth learning. The feed article provides a couple of links to possible simulations that could be used in classrooms.

I am deeply interested in more information on this topic. If you have anything that you have used please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment